Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kittles

Back in 1994, as we watched college basketball on TV, I said that the name Kittles (Kerry Kittles was playing for Villinova) would be a good name for a cat. Todd suprised me and said I could have a kitten for Valentine's Day. Before he could change his mind, I spent my lunch hour the next day at a makeshift shelter for stray cats in downtown Indy. I picked out a new male kitty and paid the deposit. I would have to return in a week to pick him up. On my way out of the warehouse, what I thought was a light brown cat blocked my way and made a chatter noise like a chipmunk. I picked her up and took her home instead. I dropped her off at the house on Merrill and returned to work. I then called the house and left a message for Todd as he would arrive home before me. "Todd meet Kittles, Kittles meet Todd." Well, he searched the house for a kitten and was none too happy with the very dirty cat hiding under the couch (she was approx a year or two old at that time) but said I could keep her.

Yesterday, I said goodbye to Kittles as she joined Mom in heaven. I think the dog is missing her as much as I am today!




No comments: