Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

Never uneventful! TJ's Christmas Eve was spent playing family games and pacing in front of the tree wishing away the minutes. After church, TJ put out a little milk and a couple PMS snacks for Santa. He hung the magic key on the front door, headed for bed and pretended to be asleep. Staying up so late backfired on him as I turned off his alarm clock as I went to bed. To his disappointment he slept in (til 7:35 a.m.) He awoke to more gifts that he deserves! Spoiled rotten I would say! His favorite gift which was also on the top of his wish list was found hanging on the tree - Garnet's Celtics Jersey!
After opening presents and breakfast we loaded up and headed to Columbus to spend the afternoon with Todd's family. More presents and good food. I guess I had a bit too much as I ended up in the ER around 2:30 a.m. with my first Gall Bladder attack. I thought it was my kidney stones but No....something new and fun. Waiting for the Doc to call me this morning with a surgeon referral. Gotta end the year the way it started I guess!
I arrived home from the hospital around 7:30 a.m. to get two hours of zzzs before loading up again and heading to Martinsville to spend the day with my brother, dad and grandmother. We picked her up in Greenwood on our way South. It was a good day. Mom was very much missed but we (atleast I) made it through without tears! I think I was just too tired.

To top it off - It snowed. I love snow!

All in all I must say it was a good Christmas!

No comments: