Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Boss' Day

I am not fond of the term "boss" and although I supervise 20 +/- employees (depends on the time of the year), I view them as co-workers. Today, they treated me to a very nice card and chocolate/banana cake. Later in the day I received flowers from the team. They are gorgeous salmon colored roses and daisies! Good to know they still like me!

For my boss, I presented him with the same card I have given him every year since 2001. Yes, the exact same card. I just cross out my signature from the year before, sign it and he checks off the year on the envelope. Let me explain........ back in the year 2000, I purchased a Boss' Day Card for Pat. The following year, I went to the store and selected a Boss' Day Card. I was surprised when he pointed out that it was the exact same card as the year before. So....I decided to save the $1.50 each year and just re-use it. We get a good laugh out of it every October!

I hope you have a great boss and/or awesome co-workers like me. Hef

No comments: