Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Day After

April 15th has come and gone. It was an interesting few months. New regulations required our firm to electronically file ALL personal tax returns. Last year, we electronically filed approx. 500 returns so we had some procedures in place. This year we tested those procedures to the max. I am 99% sure we were successful. Time will tell. In the end, we were out of the office by 5:20 p.m. and most of the firm had a beer in hand by 5:30 p.m. at the Fox & Hound. I opted to attend TJ's first baseball game (which was cancelled due to cold weather) so instead Todd cooked us dinner, I found the couch, kicked up my heels, ate 1/2 an apple pie and watched TV until I was blurry eyed. This morning, I slept in, took TJ to school, and showered before the window cleaning crew arrived for thier annual visit to remove winter dirt and grim (I just smear it around when I try to clean the exterior windows - and yes, I really have tried). After doing a little personal computer work (like this blog and checking out friend's blogs), I will go to TJ's school for playground duty. Then on to the office to see what fires need put out. I am keeping my fingers crossed there are none! Life is good.

No comments: