Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Life is going 110 miles per hour.

Skiles Test Youth Recreational Baseball is in full swing as we just completed player evaluations and the draft is next week. I purchased a zip drive to download all of my files to pass on to the 2010 league President. I really enjoy volunteering at Skiles!
TJ is finishing up basketball. His team is in tournament play. They have another game this Sunday. GO AZTECS!
His travel baseball team began practicing this month and TJ has a private batting coach, Adam Sanders of the White Sox. I do not even want to know what that is costing!
Todd is an Assistant Coach and the unofficial Cobra's team manager so he is busy scheduling practice games, registering the team for tourneys and practice facilities. I opened a Skiles Test Cobras checking account. The team is official!
TJ's math pentathalon team has been practicing weekly. He historically does really well in the day long tournament. However, I am unable to practice with him. The complexity of the games this year have exceeded my mental aptitude. I surrender to the 3rd grade math wizards!
Spring Break is in a week and TJ will be bouncing from one place to the next. Someday, we will be able to do the typical Spring Break trip - when they abolish taxes thus eliminating tax season.
Todd is working - that is great news given the economy and the financial status of many construction companies.
My dad is adjusting to his new life. I still refer to his home as "Mom & Dads". Things like that will take time. I hope he is not sensitive to it.
Sad news - the very large pine tree that occupied the space adjacent to the minibarn has become kindling. Very strong winds and moist ground caused it to uproot and lean drastically towards the house. 10,000 pound rope secured it to a neighbors tree for two nights until the Tree Service Company could safely remove it. (Nope, did not sleep a wink those two nights as it swayed and could be viewed from our bedroom window.)
March Madness is almost upon us. Todd and TJ have tickets to the games in Indy. They are anxious to know who will be playing.
Hope all is well in your circle. Hef

No comments: